The words of successful traders and investors not only give us inspiration but also guide us on how to be on the right path and avoid mistakes. Quotes of Warren Buffett have always been golden words for investors. Apart from Warren Buffet there are many veteran investors and traders whose words are equally inspiring. Check out the stock market quotes and saying of successful traders and investors.
Warren Buffett Quotes for Investors
1. “Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.”
2. “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” –
3. Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.”
4. “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”
5. “Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction.”
6. “ Great investment opportunities come around when excellent companies are surrounded by unusual circumstances that cause the stock to be misappraised.”
7. “ You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right-and that’s the only thing that makes you right.”
Other Stock Market Quotes by Famous Investors
8. “The four most dangerous words in investing are: ‘this time it’s different.'” – Sir John Templeton “
9. “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” – Ben Graham
10. “Bottoms in the investment world don’t end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” – Jim Rogers
11. “Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.” – Paul Clitheroe
12. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin “
13. “Every once in a while, the market does something so stupid it takes your breath away.” – Jim Cramer
14. “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Phillip Fisher “
15. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” – Peter Lynch
16. ”I’m only rich because I know when I’m wrong…I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes.” – George Soros
17. “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson “
18. “I made a killing in the stock market. My broker lost all my money, so I killed him.” – Jim Loy.
19. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” – Donald Trump.
20. “The United States have developed a new weapon that destroys people but it leaves buildings standing. It’s called the stock market.” – Jay Leno. “
22. Everyone has the brainpower to follow the stock market. If you made it through fifth-grade math, you can do it.” – Peter Lynch.
23. “There are two kinds of investors, be they large or small: those who don’t know where the market is headed, and those who don’t know that they don’t know. Then again, there is a third type of investor -the investment professional, who indeed knows that he or she doesn’t know, but whose livelihood depends upon appearing to know.” – Bernstein, William.
25. “ A stock broker is one who invests other people’s money until its all gone.” -Woody Allen, American Film Maker “ Average investors who try to do a lot of trading will only make their brokers rich.” -Michael Jenson, Finance Professor -Harvard.
26. “The only way to “beat an index” is to invest in something other than the index. Why would you, when the only source of long-term risk and return data is the index ?” -Hebner, Mark.
27. “ There are two kinds of investors, be they large or small: those who don’t know where the market is headed, and those who don’t know that they don’t know. Then again, there is a third type of investor –the investment professional, who indeed knows that he or she doesn’t know, but whose livelihood depends upon appearing to know.” -Bernstein, William.
28. “ Investors must keep in mind that there’s a difference between a good company and a good stock. After all, you can buy a good car but pay too much for it .” -Richard Thaler. “ Emotions are your worst enemy in the stock market.” -Don Hays.
29. “ 90 % of the people in the stock market, professionals and amateurs alike, simply haven’t done enough homework,” -William J.O’Neil.
30 “ I have probably purchased fifty ‘hot tips’ in my career, maybe even more. When I put them all together, I know I am a net loser.” -Charles Schwab. Stock market corrections, although painful at the time, are actually a very healthy part of the whole mechanism, because there are always speculative excesses that develop, particularly during the long bull market. Ron Chernow
31. Be quick in cutting your loses but not profits : Abhishek Shukla